When ordering from Lands’ End, please use our Preferred School Code: 9001-1982-7. The school will benefit from you using this number with a 3% donation back to the school from Lands’ End. Their site also shows accepted uniform choices for your child.
SCCS Dress Code Policy
1. Why do we wear uniforms?
- Simplifies dress code
- Reduces social stigmas
- Encourages development of personality and character versus dress
- Equalizes economic diversity
- Lowers long term clothing costs
- Enhances school spirit and unity
- Facilitates security by identifying outsiders
2. School Uniform Guidelines
- School Polo Shirt with embroidered SCCS logo
- Dress Pants (no jeans), skirts or skorts
- Khaki or Navy Blue
- Camp type shorts
- Khaki or Navy Blue
- Acceptable footwear (see below)
3. Uniform Distributor
- School uniforms are ordered from Lands’ End.
- Catalogs are available from the school
- Contact them by visiting www.landsend.com or 1-800-469-2222
- Use this code when ordering: 9001-1982-7. This code is specific to SCCS and will display approved uniform choices available for purchase online.
- Only approved uniform items will be available to purchase online.
- Students will be only be allowed to wear logoed polo shirts purchased from Lands’ End. While you may order the pants and skirts offered by Lands’ End, your child may wear pants/skirts purchased elsewhere as long as they are similar in style to what is available from Lands’ End.
- Students will be required to have a pair of inside shoes that will be left at the school and not taken home. Students will change into these shoes each morning and wear them while indoors. Students will change into street shoes to go out to recess and to wear home.
- Acceptable inside shoes:
- Hard soled shoes or slippers if they have a sole on them
- Leather shoes that have soles on them
- Tennis shoes that have not previously been worn outdoors o Socks must be worn at all times
Other dress code items
- Hair needs to be clean and well groomed and of a natural color.
- Older boys need to be clean shaven with no long side burns or “mutton-chops”.
- Body piercing or tattoos are not allowed. This includes wash off tattoos or writing on the body. Girls may have pierced ears with appropriate jewelry.
- No headwear is allowed to be worn including hats, baseball caps, scarves, or bandanas.
- Boys and girls must keep their uniform shirts tucked in no matter whether they are worn with uniform shorts, skirts or pants. Any pants/skort/skirt must be worn with appropriate black/brown leather belt is said uniform has belt loops.
- In addition to the basic uniform, items such as sweaters, pullovers, etc. may be ordered from Lands’ End to wear in class for extra layers during winter etc. Non-uniform items are not allowed.
- Students who are not properly attired will be asked to go home and change before returning.